October 21, 2007

More Televison Takes

I have watched a number of hours of television this fall looking at the prime time offerings of the five big television networks. As I wrote about a month ago I was looking forward to seeing the season premiers of "My Name is Earl", "The Office", "ER", and "Saturday Night Live".

All but "The Office" have lived up to my expectations. The Office has been running hour long episodes, that should be only a half hour long. It's as if the writers are stretching things when the story could be told in half the time.

Earl, ER and SNL have all lived up to what they have done previously. In fact, I think that SNL is just as good as it was in the early '90s. It has been laugh out loud funny at times.

And I have found two more programs that you might want to take a look at if you haven't yet seen them. The best new show of the season is "Reaper". It is hilarious. The concept is a 21 year old man has had soul sold to the devil without his knowledge. Each week he is actually doing good by sending escaped evil souls back to hades. The role of the devil is played well by Ray Wise. Each week's episode thus far has been funny and entertaining. If you haven't seen it yet, it is on Tuesday nights at 8 .

The best new comedy I have found is "The Big Bang Theory" on CBS at 7:30 Monday nights. The program is about four nerds living in an apartment next to a hot babe. It is well written and acted and has had some truly funny dialogue. Take a look at it.

Finally, don't waste your time watching this new show: Cavemen. It is boring and the actors look as if they are bored while doing their thing. Earlier this fall I wrote "Back to You" was worth watching a second time. Well, I was wrong it's predictable and boring. It's a waste of time.


No comments: