March 28, 2006

Rambling thoughts

I can't wait for opening day! T minus - 5 days and counting! ( I don't count the bastardization of baseball by ESPN on Sunday night, even though it is the first regular season game this year). The Cardinals will make the playoffs this year, but they have some big holes in left field and at second base. Add to that some doubt about the fourth and fifth starters and they have real concerns. But, if it all comes together the Cards could win the World Series this year. One key will be 3rd baseman Scott Rolen. If he can regain his 2004 form before he got hurt it will go a long way to answering some concerns about the offense.

In another note, I was flipping channels and saw this new show tonight on NBC called "Teachers". It was mediocre at best. I guess sex sells because it took all of eleven minutes before two teachers fell into bed together. Now I'm no prude but what the heck is NBC thinking? This show will be lucky to last six episodes.

And would the sun please shine? After a beautiful Saturday we haven't seen the sun since. And rain is forecast for tomorrow and Thursday. Help me!

Finally, GW seems to be about as popular as a case of the clap. His approval ratings keep falling and today he fired his chief of staff and got a new one. I don't understand the move and I didn't vote for you this time around Mr. Bush, but I sure wish you well for the good of the whole country.