March 13, 2006

This...

Well hello there Blogland...I have been sick with this darn flu for the last couple of weeks and have not been writing because frankly I haven't felt up to it. That doesn't mean I haven't wanted to rant about certain things, I just haven't been up to sitting down at a keyboard and organizing my thoughts.

But, off the top of my head here is one. First of all the TV stations in this town are like amateur night. They all try to outdo each other when a thunderstorm rolls through. And it doesn't matter how far away they are. They are so desperate to show off their technology they will break into programming to tell you how awful the storm is that is about 100 miles away. (Why they do this I don't know). The people 100 miles away cant get their signals anyway and the cable subscribers in those towns are blacked out in favor of their local stations. But, in Saint Louis we get to hear about storms in north central Missouri and central Illinois. Give me a break already. I am NOT watching your station to see weather. I am watching to see your network's prime time programming! Twice while watching 'The West Wing" last night the weather man took it on himself to interrupt to tell us about a storm...I kid you not, that was 90 miles north of Saint Louis. Now this was pretty inane but it was the same thing the weather bimbo on the CBS affiliate did during "60 Minutes" the previous hour. Her justification was "these are dangerous storms moving our way from Kansas City". Hey get a life. Kansas City is 250 miles away. And as far as the alleged threat to my safety and property...never happened. It barely rained at my house. STOP SHOWING OFF YOUR FANCY TECHNOLOGY AND JUST SHOW THE NETWORK PROGRAMS! No one cares about storms 100 miles away!