July 16, 2006

Random Thoughts

It's hot in Saint Louis and it's getting hotter. It made it up to the mid and upper 90's last week and the temperature is forecast for about 100 each day this week. Air conditioning don't fail me now.....Is there a better beer brewed in the state of Missouri than Boulevard's unflitered Wheat Ale? I don't think so, and believe me I have drank my share of beer through the years. The beer is made over in Kansas City and has become my favorite ale. (I do like other Stouts and one particular Porter that are also very good) but Boulevard Wheat has a nice pleasant taste and the wheat helps in the digestive process. A win/win situation!.....How bout them Birds! The Cardinals have now won six in a row including four extra inning games. Yeah, they seem to be back on track, but then again they are not playing the best teams in baseball like the Tigers and White Sox. The Cards will win a lame central division but then will fall after the first round of the playoffs to the New York Mets. The Mets will then lose to the Detroit Tigers in the World Series.....What's up with those dadgum flip flops. Everyone seems to be wearing them even in situations where they shouldn't be allowed. My employer permits summer casual from Memorial Day to Labor Day and even blue jeans are allowed at work. But, the flip flops have to go. You sure can hear them coming can't you? Flop, flop, flop, flop, flop all the way down a hall...flop, flop, flop, flop, flop, flo.....