March 18, 2007

It Was A Great Day for the Irish

It was a great day yesterday to be Irish. As I have written in the past I am 25% Irish from my paternal grandmother who was a Hurley.

But, yesterday I was 100% Irish as was everyone else in attendance at the St. Patrick's Day parade. Again my friends P & B asked me if I wanted to walk in the parade and I jumped at the chance. It didn't get any warmer than 38 degrees, but I don't think anyone noticed. The mile and a quarter parade route seemed to go by in no time at all.

So a shout out to P & B and P's sister E (who is one of the nicest people you would ever want to meet and a lot of fun to be around) for helping me have a great St. Paddy's Day. And a special shout out to E for her breakfast brunch!

I met my youngest sister C last night for a couple of beers at one of the Irish bars in town. It was jam packed with Paddy's Day revelers but the green beer was flowing smoothly and no one seemed to mind the crowd too much. Twas a great day for the Irish!