October 26, 2009

Chiefs and Tigers and Rams...Oh My!

This may have been the worst week of the football season. The college and pro teams I follow managed to get their butts handed them to by their opponents. My beloved Tigers got blown out in Columbia Saturday night 41-6. It could have been worse. My question for Mizzou coach Gary Pinkel is why did he leave an inured Blaine Gabbert in the game? If he doesn't have enough confidence in his bench QBs than why did he recruit them? The Tigers hit the road this weekend and play Colorado in Boulder Saturday morning.

The Rams got blown out by Indianapolis 42-6. The Rams were never close and the game was ugly. Peyton Manning was almost able to move the ball at will. The Rams are now 0-7 and up next are the "mighty" Detroit Lions. How'd you like to be a Lion season ticket holder and have to pay for that game? I'm not sure I could stand the excitement.

And the Chiefs got hammered at Arrowhead 37-7 by San Diego. The game was never close. But, there is good news for KC fans next weekend; the Chiefs have a bye.

I guess the fact that they all got blown out was bad enough, but they all were playing at home. And between the three teams they were outscored by 101 points. Gee, I can hardly wait for this weekend's games.

No comments: