March 17, 2008

A Great St. Patrick's Day

I took my first day of time off this year and it was terrific. The forecast was for rain and thunderstorms all day long but the good Lord smiled on us and the rain held off while we walked in the parade. Thanks to my friends P & B for letting me walk with their clan in the annual dog-town parade.

After the parade we went over to C's house in Dogtownto celebrate the day and she was very gracious. In fact everyone there seemed to enjoy the day off. What also amazed me was the amount of food brought in to the party. It was all excellent.

After that I hooked up with my great friends V&A for dinner and drinks at an Irish pub. Again, they and their family were just wonderful company to be around. Their granddaughter K is a lot of fun and and really a neat woman to talk to.

I really like St. Patty's Day and the only downside is it's over until next year. Still, I have fond memories of this year's celebration. Erin Go Bragh!!

No comments: