March 12, 2008

Tomorrow Is Another Day

Aaaaaarrrrgh....it's been one of those days I would just as soon forget.

It started out alright but then I had a secretary from another department, who isn't remotely a manager give me an order this morning. I thought about emailing her but quickly forgot about it because of her political connections. Then the two projects I have been working on quickly turned to crap as I tried to figure out what was wrong. The bottom line is I researched the problem on the Internet with one of our vendors but never came close to solving it. I will have to beg for help from the vendor's support team tomorrow. Gee, I can hardly wait.

Then the second project turned to mud as the help I had been promised never materialized. Again back to the research documents, but they were worthless.

Then I get back to my desk and this guy I work with was pissed off because a bunch of us planned to get together for lunch tomorrow but he was unhappy because he had been to the same restaurant on Monday. Never mind the fact he didn't bother to invite anyone else. But, he bitched up a storm about it. I finally turned my back on him after trying to discuss the matter in a reasonable manner. I should have told him to go F himself.

After lunch I got a phone call from a customer wanting to know why I had not done something. So, I told him I would check into it. It turns out they never submitted an order. Fortunately one of my higher ups told me not to do anything. (I just hope he remembers that tomorrow when the secretary who works for the customer calls and bitches.

Then I got handed a job I had absolutely no clue about. Again the higher up said wait for more information from another department. I am glad he told me that, but I know in the long run I am going to get stuck with the job and the other department will try to spin it even though they dropped the ball.

I thought this day can't suck much more? But, oh it did. I had two meetings this afternoon. The first was supposed to be quick and the committee, for the record, is productive. But, two new people who were put in the group by senior management decided they would carry on a conversation about the topic and ignore everyone else who has been working on this for the past two years. I was mega pissed and dumped out the first chance I could get.

The second meeting was better but it was a pep talk for the corporation. There was faint praise from a manager, but it was the same old song and dance.

As I headed for home I thought things can only get better. But, traffic was all jacked up and the trial offer I received from On-Star to use it's expensive phone service was a bust. I tried to carry on a conversation with a family member but she told me my call was full of static and it ended up with the call being dropped. I called On-Star back and told them the problem, but after being on hold for about ten minutes I said the hell with it. I will call them back at another time. Or maybe just not use the phone service again and dump them when they start asking for money.

I finally pulled into my driveway and I thought peace at last. But, noooooo. The Hoosier neighbor's friend was out working on the piece of crap he calls a car. And there is still no muffler on it. Just a very loud car that disturbs the the whole neighborhood. The moron finally shut it down after dark to my and the rest of the neighbors relief. You know, it's not personal on his part in any way. He is just a dumb Hoosier that hasn't been told any better. But, he should know better. He probably is pushing 25 years old.

I have had enough for one day and am going to bed now. Like Scarlett O'Hara said "tomorrow is another day".

No comments: